Monday, September 27, 2010

My New Favorite Show!

Wise words of the day: Take control of your life rather than letting things happen just like that!


How many of you remember the British girl group the Spice Girls?  This 5 girl group band consisted of Victoria (Posh Spice) Beckham, Emma (Baby Spice) Bunton, Melanie (Sporty Spice) Chisholm, Geri (Ginger Spice) Halliwell and my all time favorite Melanie (Scary Spice) Brown. In the early 90's the girls were all over the charts and every little girl, including myself, wanted to be like one of the members. They sold about 75 millions records and had four albums. I even remember purchasing their movie Spice World that was released sometime in 1997-1998. 


Over the years the girls remained friends, tour occasionally and have done their individual projects. Of course being a Mel B fan I followed her career over time.  Mel B was pretty much the coolest Spice Girl around and seemed more real. In 1998 she released a song, with another one of favorites Missy Elliott, called 'I Want You Back' for the Why Do Fools Fall In Love movie soundtrack. This song was and still is awesome...you can't tell me to judge because my opinion will be just a tad bit bias.  ( Click for "I Want You Back" Video)


Anyway she now has a reality show on the Style channel called "Mel B: It's a Scary World". It comes on every Sunday at 9pm and you can watch how she balances motherhood with her career. Mel has two daughters, currently married to Stephan Belafonte and had a baby with Eddie Murphy, Angel Brown, in 2007. Those that like drama would watch it but I watch it because I love Mel B. She's gorgeous, fun and real. Check her out!


Signing off blogettes!


2 comments:

  1. OMG. lol I SO loved the Spice Girls. What a power group...Of course Mel B was my favorite.... Think we could combine musical forces one day??? All this work though and no play in the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO...You are a trip. We definitely should link up because I have a feeling you're going to be buckets of fun. Hey you never know you could probably do some appearance as a guest star when we are performing in Germany. I can't wait for that day!

    ReplyDelete